Saturday Thoughts: I Think We’re Doing Okay
I think sometimes we forget to stop and look around.
We get so caught up in what still needs to be done, what we should have figured out by now, what we could be doing better, and all the things we haven’t quite gotten to yet.
And then, every once in a while, I have a moment where I look around and think…
We’re doing okay.
Not perfect.
Definitely not perfect.
There are things we’re still figuring out. Things we’re still working toward. Things that don’t look exactly how we imagined they would.
But we’re here.
We’re together.
We’re healthy, we’re growing, we’re learning, and we’re building a life is ours.
We have worked really hard for this life.
Sometimes I think we’re too hard on ourselves. We spend so much time thinking about where we want to go next that we forget to give credit to the versions of us who put so much energy into getting us here.
The versions of us who were tired but kept going.
The versions of us who had to make hard decisions.
The versions of us who didn’t always know what we were doing but figured it out as we went.
Our house isn’t always clean. Our plans don’t always go according to plan. Some days feel productive and some days feel like we’ve accomplished absolutely nothing.
But there is dinner on the table.
There are toys on the floor.
There's a little voice filling the house.
There are plans we’re excited about.
There are things we’re praying for.
And there is so much love here.
Maybe adulthood isn’t about finally reaching a point where everything is figured out.
Maybe it’s learning to look at the life you’re currently living and recognize that, even with all the things you’re still working on, there’s already so much to be grateful for.
So that’s my Saturday thought. (as I wait for my spouse to make pancakes lol)
We’re not exactly where we want to be.
We still have plenty of growing to do.
But I think we’re doing okay.
And today, I’m going to let that be enough.


.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment